CALCASIEU PARISH, LA (KPLC) - A ribbon-cutting took place on Wednesday, December 21st for the two new solid waste Residential Solid Waste Convenience Centers in Calcasieu Parish.
One facility is located on Post Oak Road in Sulphur, and the other is located inside the Public Works West Facility on B Swift Road in Lake Charles.
Community members will now have these locations to dispose of larger items that do not fit inside regular waste containers.
There are some guidelines that the Community must be aware of, and they are as followed.
- You must be a resident of Calcasieu Parish.
A valid driver's license is required.
- Residential Solid Waste only, please. Commercial and Industrial Waste is prohibited.
Five tires per day limit.
No medical waste.
Paint cans must be open and dried.
Doors must be removed on all white goods.
Motors, tanks and cans must be drained.
No automotive or industrial oils, grease or antifreeze.
Animal carcasses must be reduced as much as possible, double bagged and tied.
Here is a following list of accepted items for recycling:
- Aluminum cans
- Brown Paper bags
- Catalogs, magazines and phone books
- Chipboard (cereal boxes, shoe boxes, etc.)
- Colored Paper, Computer paper, envelopes, newspapers, and junk mail
- Plastic bottles and jugs
- Tin and steel cans, and empty aerosol cans