The following is a News Release from the Calcasieu Parish Police Jury:
The National Weather Service will issue a "Red Flag Warning" for the State of Louisiana beginning Tuesday, October 18th through Wednesday, October 19th. The arriving "cold front" will bring low RH's (less than 30%) along with an increase in wind speed (greater than 8 mph) to the majority of the state.
Coupled with the existing drought conditions, wildland fuels will be readied for extreme burning!
- Ensure all personnel are aware of the upcoming weather event.
- Ensure all equipment is readied for service (full fuel loads and radios are fully charged.
- PPE's are readily at hand.
- Attack all fires safely and quickly.
- Ensure that containment lines are appropriate for the fire.
- Mop-up along perimeter to reduce the possibility for escape.
Anyone from the public, wishing to control burn, during this timeframe should be notified about the impending weather conditions!