Contractor electrocuted at PPG

FOLLOWING PRESS RELEASE FROM PPG:

This afternoon, at PPG's Lake Charles, La., chemicals complex, a contractor was severely injured after coming  into contact with high-voltage electricity while working in the site's membrane cell chlor-alkali unit. PPG's site emergency personnel responded, and local EMS services were called to the scene. The individual was transported to St. Patrick's Hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

The company believes this is an isolated incident and there is no health or safety threat to other employees or the community. PPG will provide all necessary information to local authorities regarding this matter.

PPG expresses its profound sympathy for the contractor's family and co-workers.