No injuries or issues have been reported after a gas leak on Monday morning near Westwood Manor Nursing Home.
Officials with DeRidder Fire responded to a gas leak near Westwood Manor Nursing Home on High School Drive just before 10 a.m. Monday.
It is believed contractors working in a courtyard at the nursing home accidentally hit a gas pipe. The leak was stopped and an all clear was given at 11:45 a.m.
The nursing home was evacuated and the residents were taken to Pinewood Elementary gym across the street as a precaution. Officials say residents will be taken back to the facility this afternoon.
Copyright 2011 KPLC. All rights reserved.