Westlake family's shop goes up in flames - KPLC 7 News, Lake Charles, Louisiana

Westlake family's shop goes up in flames

WESTLAKE, LA (KPLC)- A fire in Westlake burns down a shop in a family's yard. The fire took place at a home off Evelia Street.

The owner was burning some trash in a barrel next to their shop. They thought the fire was out, but something from the container blew out and sent the nearby shop up in flames.

The fire also managed to take out a small shed that was next to the shop. The Westlake Fire Department managed to get the blaze under control. The owner of the home said the heat from the fire was so bad, that it took off some of the siding from the home.

Copyright KPLC 2010. All rights reserved.

Powered by Frankly