Tuesday, May 21 2013 11:46 PM EDT2013-05-22 03:46:29 GMT
It was a call from coworkers on April 24, 1989 that led Calcasieu Sheriff's deputies to the 923 S. Division Street after Beryl Robichaux, 35, failed to show up for shift at a local cab company. "OnceMore >>
It's been more than 24 years since a Lake Charles woman was discovered stabbed to death inside her apartment and authorities still don't have a suspect. In this week's Cold Case Investigation KPLC's Lee Peck takes a look at the circumstances leading up to the murder of Beryl Robichaux.More >>
Tuesday, May 21 2013 11:23 PM EDT2013-05-22 03:23:47 GMT
One family in Iowa, La. felt helpless as the EF5 tornado touched down in Moore, Okla., a town where relatives lived. For Lisa Farque and Sara LaFargue, it was a terrifying moment watching the tornadoMore >>
Imagine having family in the pathway of the Moore, Oklahoma tornado. For one family in Iowa, that nightmare was a reality. More >>
Tuesday, May 21 2013 10:36 PM EDT2013-05-22 02:36:47 GMT
It's no secret the Calcasieu Parish School Board's projected budget for the 2013-2014 school year is nearly $13 million in the hole and KPLC is learning teacher reductions is one of their options to reducingMore >>
It's no secret the Calcasieu Parish School Board's projected budget for the 2013-2014 school year is nearly $13 million in the hole and KPLC is learning teacher reductions is one of their options to reducing that deficit.
Tuesday, May 21 2013 9:58 PM EDT2013-05-22 01:58:28 GMT
Travis Matte and the Kingpins will take the stage at "Downtown at Sundown" in Lake Charles from 6:15 p.m. to 9 p.m. on Friday, May 24. Since 2004, the group has blended together various musical stylesMore >>
Travis Matte and the Kingpins will take the stage at Downtown at Sundown in Lake Charles from 6:15 p.m. to 9 p.m., Friday, May 24.More >>
Local News, Weather, Traffic, Sports, Stocks, Movies on your Cell PhoneMore >>
Get local news, weather, sports, and video on your mobile device.More >>
PORK IN A PACKET:
4 Boneless Pork Chops
Salt & Pepper
4 Red Potatoes
20 Baby Carrots
1 Envelope of Onion Soup Mix
1. Preheat grill to medium heat or preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Season pork chops with salt & pepper. Place one pork chop on a sheet of tin foil (about 2 feet long) doubled over. Surround pork with potato quarters and 5 carrots. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of soup mix over pork. Repeat for each pork chop.
3. Seal tightly. Grill (covered) or bake for 30-35 minutes. Place a baking sheet on the rack below to catch any juice that might leak out.
4 Large Peaches
4 Teaspoons of Brown Sugar
1 Teaspoon of Cinnamon
1. Preheat an oven to 350 degrees or grill to medium heat
2. Place 2 peach halves on a large piece of aluminum foil. Sprinkle the brown sugar and cinnamon over the peaches. Close up the foil, sealing tightly.
3. Place the foil packet onto the preheated grill or in the preheat oven and cook for 10 minutes, turning once halfway through. Carefully open the packet, and serve over ice cream or short cake or by itself.