Bacteria nearly took hand of Lake Charles man

By Tiffany Blackmon - bio | email

LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) – A routine fishing trip proved to be life threatening for Donald McGee.

An opening the size of a pin hole in his hand provided an entry way for the bacteria vibrio vulnificus. After contracting the bacteria, McGee became severely ill and almost lost his hand.

Tune into later editions of 7News to hear McGee's story and for more information on vibrio vulnificus.

Copyright 2010 KPLC. All rights reserved.