The CHRISTUS St. Patrick Hospital Center for Surgical Weight Loss will host a free seminar on LAP-BAND surgery on Tuesday, May 18 at 6:00 p.m. in the Diabetes Management Center, Classroom B – 437 Dr. Michael DeBakey Drive.
Bariatric Surgeon, Richard Shimer, M.D. will share the latest information on LAP-BAND surgery and how it could save your life.
LAP-BAND surgery can relieve conditions such as high blood pressure and diabetes. Some other benefits of LAP-BAND surgery are:
- Limits food intake and suppresses appetite
- Decreases risk for cardiovascular disease and some cancers
- Improves conditions such as asthma, arthritis, and sleep apnea
- Often eliminates the need for blood pressure and diabetes medications
- Increases life expectancy