The following is a news release from the LDWF:
On Monday, April 26, 2010, the Shrimp Harvester Advisory Panel will meet at 1:30 pm. in the Louisiana Room at the Louisiana Department of Wildlife and Fisheries headquarters located at 2000 Quail Drive in Baton Rouge.
The agenda for Monday's meeting is as follows:
- . Call to Orde
- . Roll Cal
- . Approval of Agend
- . Approval of March 23, 2010 Minute
- . Announcement
- . Discussion of shrimp harvester appointments to the Davis Pond and Caernarvon Advisory Panels - Clint Guidr
- . Changes to special bait dealer permit regulations - George Barisic
- . Status of request for changes to the inside/outside shrimp line - Acy Coope
- . Discussion of state shrimp management opportunitie
- 0. Update on Shrimp Quality Assurance Program - Randy Pausin
- 1. Sustainability in the Industry - Randy Pausin
- 2. Discussion of draft legislation - Randy Pausin
- 3. Set Next Meeting Date and New Agenda Item
- 4. Receive Public Commen
- 5. Adjour
In August 2009, Governor Bobby Jindal issued Executive Order BJ 09-13 creating the Louisiana Shrimp Task Force. LDWF was delegated to house and staff the task force. The membership, consisting of state agencies, was charged to examine the Louisiana shrimp industry as a whole, identify problems prevalent in the industry and develop plans or propose policies which can improve the economic sustainability of the industry.
The Shrimp Harvester Panel was created to have the appropriate input from industry individuals who are being affected by the decisions of the Louisiana Shrimp Task Force.
Meetings are open to the public. Meeting agendas and minutes are posted as they become available.