DERIDDER, LA (KPLC) - A gas leak at a home near K.R. Hanchey school in DeRidder caused officials at the school to move the kids to the nearby Junior High on Friday.
According to authorities, the gas leak was found at a home near Hanchey school early Friday afternoon.
There has reportedly been some confusion, making some parents believe there was a lockdown at the school, but that is not the case - the kids were moved from the school for their safety because of the leak.
Copyright 2010 KPLC. All rights reserved.