By Michael Addison - email
LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - With the heavy rain expected to move into southwest Louisiana Thursday and into the overnight hours, local officials are issuing some early warnings for motorists and residents.
In Cameron Parish, emergency officials say Highways 82 and 384 could be affected by the high tide and heavy rainfall. They're also encouraging residents living in mobile homes and travel trailers to seek shelter in more sturdy structures is necessary.
Cameron Parish Superintendent Stephanie Rodrigue announced that Johnson Bayou School will dismiss students early at 11:15 a.m. Thursday, because of the threat for flooding.
In Calcasieu Parish, sandbags will be available at the following locations:
- Ward 1 Barn, 461 Parish Rd., Moss Bluff
- Ward 2 Barn, HWY 14 East, Hayes
- Ward 3 Old Barn, Smith Rd.
- Ward 3 Public Works, 5500 B Swift Plant Rd.
- Ward 8 Barn, Parish Barn Rd., Iowa
- Ward 4 Public Works, 2915 Post Oak Road, Sulphur
- Public Works Maint. Yard, 220 E. Burton Street, Sulphur
We'll keep you posted on all road/school closures as the weather threat passes through, and we'll have complete coverage of the aftermath. Stay tuned to 7 News and kplctv.com for the latest.