By Michael Addison - email
LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - Six men are now indicted by the Calcasieu Grand Jury on Attempted First Degree Murder, in the alleged shooting ambush of a Lake Charles police officer.
- Brandon Trahan, of Houston
- Edmond Lawrence, of Lake Charles
- David Royster, of Lake Charles
- Joshua Royster, of Lake Charles
- Anthony Aaron, of Lake Charles
- Eddie Banks, of Lake Charles
The six are accused of shooting at Lt. Arnold Bellow as he was leaving the police substation off Anita Drive. Bellow was not hurt in the attack.
Authorities say all of the suspects have prior drug arrests, and Lake Charles Police Chief Don Dixon believes drugs are what prompted the attack, who recently shut down drug activity in the neighborhood.