W. Gerry Hebert, MD, an internal medicine specialist on staff at Lake Charles Memorial Hospital, has received the Platinum Level 2008 Physician Office Quality Award, presented by Louisiana Health Care Review, Inc. (LHCR), the Medicare Quality Improvement Organization for Louisiana. The award was announced at the second annual Louisiana Health Care Quality Summit hosted by LHCR in Baton Rouge recently. With this award, Dr. Hebert has been recognized for achieving defined levels of heath care improvement.
Quality measures considered for the award include the percent of Medicare patients receiving the following recommended clinical tests or services:
- Percent of Medicare patients with diabetes receiving HbA1C
- Percent of Medicare patients with diabetes receiving eye exams
- Percent of Medicare patients with diabetes receiving lipid profile
- Percent of female Medicare patients receiving their mammogram
- An aggregate score, representing an equally weighted average of these four measures.
As the recipient of a Platinum Award, Dr. Hebert was recognized as achieving at least 80% on each of the five core measures or at least 75% on the first four measures plus an aggregate score of at least 85%.