Hooked on nachos

By Amanda Ward - bio | email

LAKE CHARLES, LA (KPLC) - It's the time of year when parents of ball players find themselves eating from the concession stand every night.

But, a Kinder mom is now taking a closer look at what her children are eating after she found a metal hook in her child's nachos.

"There was something shiny in my chip. And when I turned it over, there was a hook in it," said Laura Cormier, the mother of a 5 year old and 10 year old twins.

A tiny metal hook, not placed or dropped, but she believes fried into one of her tortilla chips.

"The first thing I thought was that it was a piece of metal. Then, when I turned it over and saw that it was a hook, it gave me chills. Because I thought one of the little kids, or her, or myself could have swallowed it.  And, I wouldn't have known what it was until it was too late. Or I got ill, I wouldn't have known what caused it," Cormier said.

Lots of families are hooked on nachos at the ball park, and now, Laura's just hoping to raise awareness  of potential dangers.

"I guess just be aware, more aware, of what you're eating. Because, you never know what's going to be in there," she said.

The tortilla chips were purchased from a local Sam's Club and come from Medallion Food, Inc.

The company declined to comment until they learn more about what happened.