Reported by KPLC Staff:
The Lake Charles Fire Department responded to three fires all within three hours Sunday, March 22nd. Fire crews went to 4323 Pleasant Dr. at 5:03 pm. There was extensive fire and smoke damage to the top part of the house. One person was sent to a local hospital by Acadian Ambulance so they could be watched due to smoke inhalation. Investigators say the fire was not intentional.
At 5:54 pm, firefighters went to a second fire at 3807 Luke Powers Rd. The Fire Prevention Bureau says the fire began because of a space heater that was too close to combustible elements. There were no injuries. Fire crews took extensive salvage and overhaul precautions to make sure nothing would rekindle.