LA (KPLC) - Kyle Ardoin and Gwen Collins-Greenup will be in a runoff for Secretary of State
Ardoin had 21 percent of the vote (or 298,637 votes) and Collins-Greenup had 20 percent (or 289,053 votes).
The winner will replace former Secretary of State Tom Schedler, who resigned following a sexual harassment scandal.
Ardoin is the acting Secretary of State.
The runoff is Dec. 8. For more local and state results, visit http://www.kplctv.com/politics/election-results/.
Secretary of State:
- Kyle Ardoin (R) had 21 percent (or 298,637 votes)
- Heather Cloud (R) had 5 percent (or 71,190 votes)
- ‘Gwen’ Collins-Greenup (D) had 20 percent (or 289,053 votes)
- A.G. Crowe (R) had 5 percent (or 71,430 votes)
- 'Rick" Edmonds (R) had 11 percent (or 164,936 votes)
- Renee Fontenot Free (D) had 16 percent (or 239,073 votes)
- Thomas J. Kennedy III (R) had 9 percent (or 137,040 votes)
- Matthew Paul ‘Matt’ Moreau (No party) had 1 percent (or 21,576 votes)
- Julie Stokes (R) had 11 percent (or 163,750 votes)